X5000 Emergency Boot USB
Some suppliers may offer and supply a complimentary Emergency Boot USB flash drive with the X5000 system.
What is the purpose of it?
OS 4.1 Final Edition provides a set of standard system libraries and drivers which by default supports much older hardware devices. The more modern X5000 platform uses up to date graphics drivers for both 2D and 3D amongst other important system libraries. This missing critical system software is provided through the Enhancer Software bundled with all retail versions of the X5000 system.
In order to give customers a great experience with system recovery and setup, Amiga Kit Technical Services compiled an X5000 USB Emergency Boot USB containing the Enhancer Software and the necessary files to boot the system. The USB flash drive is designed to make it easy for a user to boot their X5000 and setup/restore a hard drive without the frustrations of manually copying across files from different locations.
For low level hard disk setup and preparation, A-EON Technology's MediaToolBox software is included on the USB drive. Use this to setup a new drive for use with the X5000 or alternatively to modify/add new hard drive partitions.
It is important to keep the USB flash drive in a safe place for emergency situations such as hard drive failure or data corruption.
1. Power on the X5000 computer
2. After a few moments once the boot animation starts, quickly hit the ESC key to enter the Early Startup Control menu.
3. Navigate using the cursor keys to the Boot Options... button and press Enter or B shortcut key.
4. Plug in the Emergency Boot USB flash drive into the bottom row USB as shown in the picture below. Notice that the keyboard and mouse USB cables are plugged into the top row.
5. Navigate using the cursor keys to the Boot From Mass Storage... button and press Enter or M shortcut key.
The system will now load the files and boot.
Keeping Files Updated
Updater is software tool that checks online for the latest system file versions and downloads newer file updates. It is installed on the X5000 Emergency Boot USB and can be used to keep supported files up to date.
It is necessary to have an Internet connection setup on the X5000 system and register for an AmiSphere user account in order to login and check files versions in Updater tool. To download updated files, the Enhancer Software serial key should additionally be registered in Updater tool for the AmiSphere user account.