X5000 Emergency Boot USB
Some suppliers of the X5000 system may offer and supply a complimentary Emergency Boot USB flash drive.
What is the purpose of it?
OS 4.1 Final Edition provides a set of standard system libraries and drivers which by default supports much older hardware devices. The more modern X5000 platform uses up to date graphics drivers for both 2D and 3D amongst other important system libraries. This missing critical system software is provided through the Enhancer Software bundled with all retail versions of the X5000 system.
In order to give customers a great experience with system recovery and setup, Amiga Kit Technical Services compiled an X5000 USB Emergency Boot USB containing the Enhancer Software and the necessary files to boot the system. The USB flash drive is designed to make it easy for a user to boot their X5000 and setup/restore a hard drive without the frustrations of manually copying across files from different locations.
1. Power on the X5000 computer
2. After a few moments once the boot animation starts, quickly hit the ESC key to enter the Early Boot Menu.
3. Navigate using the cursor keys to the Boot Options... button and press Enter or B shortcut key.
4. Plug in the Emergency Boot USB flash drive into the bottom row USB as shown in the picture below. Notice that the keyboard and mouse USB cables are plugged into the top row.
5. Navigate using the cursor keys to the Boot From Mass Storage... button and press Enter or M shortcut key.
The system will now load the files and boot.