AmigaOne X5000 Linux Guide
- coming soon**
AmigaOne A1222 Linux Guide
This guide gives instructions on downloading the latest Linux images and installing them to USB flash drives or hard disk drives for use on the AmigaOne A1222 computer.
Installing Debian 8 on a USB Flash Drive
1. Download the image from the following link: http://www.fun-kart-racer.de/2bb57b2bbf87b668a94c/Tabor_debian_8_powerpcspe_5.7z
Please use the following login details to download the file:
2. Decompress the downloaded image with 7-Zip
3. Copy it with “dd“ (Linux) or with the USB image Tool (Windows) to a USB pen drive.
For example with Linux:
dd if=“Tabor_debian_8_powerpcspe_5“ of=“disk drive ID“
4. To boot Linux image from the USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive into the A1222. Next enter the following at the A1222> prompt (pressing enter after each line):
setenv bootargs root=/dev/sdb2 rootdelay=5 fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage.sdk17.2 fatload usb 0:1 2000000 tabor2.dtb bootm 1000000 - 2000000
root with password amigaone
amigaone with password amigaone
Installing Debian 8 on a Hard Drive
After trying out you could copy it with "dd" to a hard disc from your booted Debian. You don't need to create any partitions. You just need to copy the image with "dd" from the booted Debian to a hard disk.
1. Download the image: http://www.fun-kart-racer.de/2bb57b2bbf87b668a94c/Tabor_debian_8_powerpcspe_5.7z
User: tabor Password: amigaone
2. Decompress it with Xarchiver or Engrampa or use "Extract Here" in the context menu (right-click).
3. Copy it with “dd“ to a hard disk:
dd if=Tabor_debian_8_powerpcspe_5 of=“disk drive ID“. For example: dd if=Tabor_debian_8_powerpcspe_5 of=/dev/sda.
4. After that, you could increase the Linux partition with GParted if you like.
5. To boot Linux image from the hard drive, enter the following at the A1222> prompt (pressing enter after each line):
setenv bootargs root=/dev/sda2 fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage.sdk17.2 fatload usb 0:1 2000000 tabor2.dtb bootm 1000000 - 2000000
Or you could directly boot the kernel and the DTB file from a hard disk by entering the following at the A1222> prompt (pressing enter after each line):
setenv bootargs root=/dev/sda2 load sata 1:2 1000000 /boot/uImage.sdk17.2 load sata 1:2 2000000 /boot/tabor2.dtb bootm 1000000 - 2000000